Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tippy Toe New Years Eve Murder by Leslie Meier


I'd forgotten about Leslie Meier's Books. I just found two in an unread box of books and I've missed out on so much! I like to read books in order and probably have this one out of order but that's okay. It was absolutely fabulous!

Lucy's daughter Elizabeth entered a make over contest in New York put on by  Jolie Fashion Magazine. New York is a far cry from Tinkers Cove, Maine and after an initial shock Lucy starts to really enjoy the energy of the city. 

She doesn't think much of the fashion world but there is an additional prize of $10,000 which would allow Elizabeth to continue on in school for the rest of the year. And so they try their best. The professionals at the magazine seem also to be contradictory to each other and there is a lot of disagreement.

The death of the woman in charge of make up and the illness of her own daughter Elizabeth sets Lucy off to find out if the death was foul play and what is wrong with her daughter.

There is an added dimension to this story, I suppose because of the setting, and the last couple of chapters had me sitting on the edge of my seat and trusting no one. 

Luckily Lucy lived and headed back to the arms of her husband and kids at the end of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment