Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Aunt Dimity and the Family Tree by Nancy Atherton

Goodness I've been reading lately! I may have to slow down now because with bedbugs rampant in our libraries I'm not even sure about buying second hand. So I guess I'm down to buying Kindle books which certainly can add up!


I bought this book by mistake. I did want to read it but I didn't want to pay$14 on Kindle for it! However after reading the sample I accidentally pressed purchase book rather than delete sample and there it was. I love the aunt dimity books but I usually wait until they've at least come out in paperback and are cheaper. The books are fun to read. I love the small town of Finch and the happenings there but it only took me 24 hours to read the book so $14 was a bit steep.

Willis Sr. has decided to retire and buy an estate in Finch that is tumbling down but has a good foundation. There is lots of mystery in this one along with all of the single widows in Finch, which Lori calls the handmaidens, vying for Willis' attention and trying to get chosen to work for him keeping the large house clean and his cooking done.

I really did enjoy the book but it went too quickly


No comments:

Post a Comment