Friday, September 2, 2011

Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom


I got this book from the library and read it in an evening. It wasn't at all what I expected and I was a bit disappointed about who I'd meet in heaven until I reminded myself this is just a book, one person's idea. It's about an 83 year old man who spent his whole life at a job that he didn't really enjoy. It was his life's story as much as it was about who and why he met who he did. 

What I did get out of it was that every person who crosses our path in life whether for a few months or for years... and even people related to events in our lives that we never meet.... are there for a reason. Maybe we won't see the reasons, or even meet some of the people who have contributed to our experiences or lessons in our lives, until much later. Sometimes you can see the lessons while  you're alive, other times you won't. 

The author suggests that death isn't the end, it is only the beginning. I like that idea. 

I love to read different sorts of things and maybe we choose the books we want to read for a reason too. Great food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment